Monday, February 5, 2007

Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake

From Vijaye, Ashley, and Ashley's mom: I think it comes out better with Ashley's mistake personally.

Crust: Combine 1 package ( 8 ounces) chocolate wafer cookies, crushed, with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Press into a 9 inch spring form pan. Chill.

Filling: Beat 2/3 cups sugar and 2 eggs until fluffy. Gradually add 1/2-3/4 lb. cream cheese, softened, until lumps are gone.
Melt 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate, cool slightly, and add to sugar mixture.
Add 2 ounces amaretto liqueur and 1 cup sour cream, beating constantly.
Stir in 4 tbls. melted butter. Mix well and pour into crust.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, cool 15 minutes. Spread with topping and bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Chill overnight.

Topping: Combine 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 tsp. cocoa, 2 tbls. sugar, and 1 tbls. amaretto liqueur. Mix well.

I just realized that I only used 1/2 lb. of cream cheese (remember: I was making it at midnight and my math isn't good even when I'm wide awake).
That explains the light creamy consistency of the filling. The extra 8 oz. makes it a little denser. I think my mistake turned out ok!

No comments: